We know the cancellation of summer 2020 due to the global pandemic was disappointing for many. Since the decision, we have been working closely with others at W&M and in the field of international education to explore opportunities for you to meet COLL300 and engage in international-related opportunities this summer and beyond. For Summer 2020 ONLY, we have the following updates given the pandemic.
- W&M remote summer COLL300 courses:
- Some Summer 2020 Study Abroad Program Directors have converted their study abroad courses to a remote format. These courses will count for COLL300. You'll find soon the complete list at the A&S Summer School website: https://www.wm.edu/as/undergraduate/more-pathways/summer/courses/index.php
- Converted non-W&M study abroad courses which will count for W&M COLL300:
- Just as W&M has done, some study abroad programs and international universities have converted study abroad courses to the online format. Courses taught online by study abroad provider faculty overseas in this manner through study abroad providers or universities outside the US will count for COLL300.
- Some of these virtual study abroad programs are now offering virtual internships. If the internship course is for an internship with an organization outside the US, it too may be eligible for COLL300.
- Study Abroad programs which are offering these courses include the following (please note that you will still need to check with your academic department whether specific courses would be eligible):
- CIEE: https://www.ciee.org/go-abroad/college-study-abroad/programs/online/summer-sessions-online CIEE offers additional non-credit virtual international internships.
- IES Abroad: https://www.iesabroad.org/programs/virtual-world-discoveries
- Arcadia University Study Abroad: https://studyabroad.arcadia.edu/find-a-program/virtual-europe/
- AIFS: https://www.aifsabroad.com/online/
- IAU: https://iau.edu/virtual/remotecourses
- We will continue to update this list as more information becomes available in coming weeks.
- Register for virtual study abroad courses through the Global Education Office at https://studyabroad.wm.edu/?go=summer2020
- For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org