Start your path to success
Graduate study in the US is exciting and demanding. As a new university student in the U.S., you will encounter challenges: navigating a new culture in a foreign language; using English on a daily basis with peers and professors; adjusting to the different expectations of American professors; learning new styles of teaching in the classroom; learning techniques to effectively contribute to team projects and assignments; and understanding U.S. academic and business culture.
In partnership with the Raymond A. Mason School of Business, William & Mary offers a special 4 week intensive preparatory program for incoming graduate business students. The program is aligned with the first year curriculum of the MBA program, and combines advanced English language training; academic skills; presentation and teamwork strategiess; and visits to regional businesses to prepare students to succeed in the MBA program at the Raymond A. Mason School of Business.
Advantages of the W&M Global Business English Program
- Prepares you for success in a graduate business program, such as the MBA program at William & Mary
- Faculty include Raymond A. Mason School of Business professors, Mason Executive Partners, and professional English instructors trained in Business English.
- Small class size: Average of 10 students per class
- Individual attention to students from faculty and staff
- Career coaching: Get a personalized head start on career management and networking skills
- Experiential Fridays: Weekly trips to companies for hands-on, experiential learning (includes a trip to Washington, DC)
- Business Context: Multi-national business concepts and business expansion, case studies, current issues
- Intensive Business English: Advanced English writing and speaking skills for the business environment, vocabulary building
- Communication skills: Colloquial/conversational English, Professional presenation skills, pronunciation and intonation
- U.S. Culture: Social and business etiquette
- Special topics: Academic skills and strategies, team strategies, career management
- Tours and Visiting Lecturers: Visit businesses, connect with the alumni network.
Students may apply for on-campus summer housing at very reasonable rates.
Tel. 01 757 221 1279
Deadline: June 1, 2017
Register online at: https://forms.wm.edu/29842
$4,500 program fee includes:
- Business Site Visits
- Cultural Trips