Settle in early and get prepared for your bachelor's program at W&M!
Beginning your study at William & Mary is an exciting opportunity. But as a new university student in the United States – a place with a very different educational system – you may face challenges with language and the different expectations of US professors.
The W&M International Freshmen Summer Program (IFSP) helps prepare you!
- Participate in an 4-week online class that focuses on academic writing and guides you through the beginning of a W&M research project. Finish that project with an on-site class at W&M!
- Arrive 10 days early to campus to get settled and become familiar with W&M and Williamsburg. You'll already be an expert on W&M before your classmates even arrive to campus!
- Polish your research writing and oral communication skills.
- Get a head start on career planning with special career workshops.
- Become familiar with US classroom expectations – social, cultural, and academic.
- Learn how to leverage W&M’s many academic resources to benefit you.
- Explore topics related to American culture. This is done through discussion group and local excursions.
The International Freshmen Summer Program also includes:
- Pick-up from the Richmond International Airport
- Accommodations on campus in a university residence hall
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner in the university dining hall
- Dates: July 8 – August 19, 2019
- Online class: July 8 – August 2
- On-campus program: August 9 – 19
- Location: College of William & Mary, Williamsburg, VA
- Program fee: $1693 - all inclusive: four week online class, 10-day on-campus program, class materials, room, meals, airport pick-up, and local excursions.
- Space is limited.
- For more information on this program, please contact the Office of International Students, Scholars, and Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org.