Because student organizations and clubs at William & Mary can apply for financial support from a number of on-campus sources, the Reves Center serves as a "funder of last resort" for internationally-focused events, speakers, performances, etc. If your organization is planning an internationally-focused event, if your annual budget and off-campus funds are insufficient to cover the costs of the event, and if you have applied to and received insufficient funding from the Office of Student Leadership Development (Conference Fund and/or Special Activities/Event Funds), UCAB, Center for Student Diversity, etc., we may be able to help. Each recognized student organization is eligible to apply for up to $500 in funding per academic year. Actual funding levels will depend on available funds and the nature and costs of the event.
To request funding, please submit these documents in hard copy to [[jcdav3,Judy Davis]] at the Reves Center, no later than two weeks prior to your event:
- A copy of your completed Office of Student Leadership Development funding request form, plus your activity/event itemized budget. The budget form must indicate all available funding sources as well as all funds requested, received, and/or pending. These forms are available online on the office of Student Leadership Development's website. Additional information may be obtained from the Financial Operations Specialist, Campus Center 2nd Floor CORT.
- Full and detailed information on the event, speaker, performance, etc.
- Your explanation of how this event will contribute to international education at W&M.
- A brief announcement of the event suitable for the Reves Center website events list. (If the event is still in the planning stage, you'll need to submit this announcement no later than two weeks before the actual event.)
- A description of your organization, its goals and activities, previous events, etc.
Requests that do not include this documentation or that reach our office less than two weeks in advance of the event will not be considered.
Publicizing Your Event
All events supported by Reves Center funding must acknowledge this support in any publicity. In addition to your other publicity efforts, we will be happy to help you publicize your conference by listing it on our website events calendar and circulating information through our community listserv. Event information may be submitted via the Pre-Event Information Form (a link to the form will be provided with instructions in an email once your funding is approved.) Please submit information at least two weeks before the scheduled event.
After Your Event
Following the event, please complete a Post-Event Evaluation Form, as your feedback is valuable in helping us keep track of past events and improve future ones.
If you have questions about the funding process, please contact [[jcdav3, Judy Davis]] at 757-221-3592.