- Summer Calendar
- Summer School
- 2019 Summer Research Housing Eligibility Requirements - please review prior to completing a summer research application.
- Summer Room Rates
- Summer Health Form - required of all summer residents not enrolled at W&M for the 2018-2019 academic year.
- Summer Meal Plans
- Campus Services
Apply for Housing
Summer School and Summer Research
|Note: Summer Research housing applications may be obtained from the department you are doing your research through [[summer]].|
|March 11, 2019||Summer School Housing Application available on-line when Summer School Class Registration begins|
|Sunday, May 26, 2019 and Monday, May 27, 2019||
Summer Housing Check-in from 1:00p.m. - 6:00p.m. in Landrum Hall
|Tuesday, May 28, 2019||Classes Begin - Summer Session 1|
|Friday, June 28, 2019||Classes End - Summer Session 1|
|Saturday, June 29, 2019||Residence Halls close for Summer Session 1 - individuals not continuing to Summer Session 2 must be checked out by 10:00 A.M.|
|Sunday, June 30, 2019||Summer Housing check-in for Summer Session 2 - Check in from 1:00p.m. - 6:00p.m.in Landrum Hall|
|Monday, July 1, 2019||
Classes Begin - Summer Session 2
|Friday, August 2, 2019||Classes End - Summer Session 2|
|Saturday, August 3, 2019||Residence Halls close at 10:00 A.M. for Summer School and Summer Research. NO EXCEPTIONS.|
- Summer school students must register for classes before applying for housing.
- Summer school students must be registered for at least 3 hours of course credit, excluding Music, Innersole activities and audited courses, to reserve a room in a university residence hall.
- Spaces for summer housing are offered on a first-come, first-served basis to those students that have registered for classes. Single and double rooms are available.
- Summer School housing assignments will be made by e-mail beginning mid-April.
- Standard Main campus double: $1032.85 per 5 week session
- Standard Main campus single: $1118.25 per 5 week session
- Lemon Hall Double: $1155.00 per 5 week session
- Lemon Hall Single: $1240.40 per 5 week session
- Tribe Square summer: $$3,484.00 full summer
|Singles will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis to those students who have registered for summer classes. There will be a limited number of singles available for summer school housing|
|Those students who wish to live with a specific person during the summer must provide mutual requests by May 1, 2019 in order to be placed together. Students who have no preference will be assigned a random roommate.|
|We may not be able to honor roommate requests between summer school students and summer research students due to the limited amount of space allocated to each group.|
|Housing assignments are single sex by suite, floor or wing but social class and age may vary within the same building and/or room.|
Please review prior to completing a Summer Research Application - Eligibility
Research students will be assigned to double rooms only. If you have questions regarding eligibility for summer research housing please email [[summer]]. Once in campus housing, direct any questions or concerns to the summer Area Director.
If research students wish to live with a specific person also doing summer research, both persons must request each other in writing by May 1, 2019 in order to be placed together. Students who have no preference, you will be assigned a random roommate. We may not be able to honor roommate requests between summer school students and summer research students due to the limited amount of space allocated to each group.
- Summer Research students may check into housing beginning Sunday, May 26 and Monday, May 27, 2019 between 1:00p.m. - 6:00p.m. in Landrum Hall.
- If arriving after May 27:
- Monday - Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm - Check in at the Residence Life office, Campus Center 212
- Any day between 6:00 pm to 8pm - Check in at the Landrum 1018 duty office
- Outside of the days/hours listed above - Follow the instructions listed on the door of the Landrum 1018 duty office to reach a staff member to come assist you with check in.
- All Summer Research students must be checked out of the Residence Hall by 10:00 A.M. on Saturday, August 3, 2019. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Having a summer meal plan is optional. W&M Dining offers summer meal plan options for students living and working on campus. Check out your options here and never go hungry!
- Bed sizes in Barrett are extra-long twin (36” x 80”).
- If you are currently a student at W&M, your present post office mailbox will be retained. If you are a student just here on a summer research program, you’ll need to make special arrangements to have mail sent in “care of” (c/o) the specific department where you are doing research. Contact your research professor or director to make these arrangements.
- Cable service and Internet access are included with each residence hall room assignment.
- Residence hall dues are $20.00 for the entire summer. We hope to foster a relaxing, enjoyable summer atmosphere; to that end, the Resident Assistants are already planning many social activities for the summer. The dues are optional but allow you to fully participate in all summer activities planned by the staff. Checks for summer dues should be made payable to Summer School – College of William & Mary.
- Laundry rooms are available in each building. The washers and dryers accept quarters or W&M Express. Each load is $1.50.
- All parking should be directed to Parking Services at email@example.com.
Please note that there are significant changes to traffic patterns on Ukrop Way. This includes the elimination of pull-in parking in front of Barrett, Chandler and Landrum as this portion of Ukrop Way is now open to 2-way traffic. For more information: https://www.wm.edu/offices/auxiliary/parkingandtransportation/advisories-parking/west-utility-plant---road-closure.php
For Summer School and Research housing move-in there will be designated unloading areas on Ukrop Way with a 15 minute time limit on the Chandler/Landrum side of the street and we will have security personnel available on Sunday and Monday to keep traffic moving. There is no parking or stopping on the Lemon/Hardy side of Ukrop Way.