Study Away

Housing Options for Students Studying Away for the Spring Semester or for the Academic Year

Students who plan to live in campus housing when returning for the Fall semester, must pay a $200.00 Room Reservation Deposit to be eligible to select a space during the annual Spring Room Selection Process. This $200.00 deposit is non-refundable and must be paid by the established February deadline. Postmarks will not be honored. Checks should be made payable to the College of William and Mary, clearly marked as the $200.00 Room Reservation Deposit, and include the students' full name and student ID number. Checks should be submitted to the Cashier's Office in Blow Hall or mailed to the following address:

The Bursar's Office
College of William and Mary
P.O. Box 8795
Williamsburg, VA 23187-8795

Please keep in mind that since living in campus housing is not mandatory and the $200.00 Room Reservation Deposit is not a required fee, a bill will not be sent to the students' home addresses. Deposits are accepted starting in December. We encourage students to pay this deposit before they leave campus for the semester break.

Students who are unable to participate in room selection process must arrange for Residence Life or another designee to serve as their proxy. Proxy forms can be obtained from the Residence Life Office or printed off the Residence Life web site under "proxy form"). Students who are unable to designate a proxy, should contact Residence Life, to discuss options and preferences. Proxy forms must be on file in the Residence Life Office prior to room selection.

Back to Top

Housing for Students Studying Away for the Fall Semester

Students who are studying away during the fall semester should contact the Residence Life Office in early November to discuss housing arrangements for the spring semester. Room Reservation deposits are not required for the Spring semester.

Back to Top

Housing for Students with Special Needs

Students with a documented medical need will have to have appropriate medical documentation reviewed by the Director of Student Accessibility Services, Campus Center 111, 757-221-2509. If accommodations are approved, the student will be guaranteed a space in the residence halls, with provisions made as recommended by the Director of Student Accessibility Services. This approval must be renewed each year.

Back to Top