Residence Life is excited to welcome you to William & Mary for the 2020-21 Academic Year! We know that choosing your housing accommodations for the upcoming year is an important piece of your W&M experience and we would like to invite you to consider living in W&M campus housing. Please start your exploration of Living on Campus.
We encourage you to live with us! Living in campus housing is the best way to connect to the W&M community.
Before we can officially make a W&M housing assignment, students are required to review and accept the terms and conditions of the housing contract. Please note: you are committing to pay for housing for the 2020-21 Academic Year when you sign the Residence Life Housing contract - before you obtain a room assignment. Please review the contract carefully, including the cancellation policies. There are also steps in the Housing Portal to note your housing preferences.
Class of 2023 & 2024 - The University has a two-year residency requirement where students in their freshman and sophomore year are required to live on campus, regardless of distance from their permanent address.
Please also note that most W&M students live in double occupancy rooms and that singles are limited. Students seeking medically indicated singles should contact Student Accessibility Services at (757) 221-2510 as soon as possible. Once assigned to a room you will be able to submit a room change request.
Below you will find the steps you should follow to complete the acceptance of the housing contract.
- Log into the housing system using your W&M username and password: Housing Portal. If you are unsure of your W&M username and password, please contact the W&M Information Technology office for assistance: 757.221.4357 or [[support]].
- Select "2020-21 Academic Housing Application" from the list in the left side menu.
- Make sure that you read the housing contract and review the terms and conditions prior to signing.
- Enter your student ID at the bottom of the contract.
- Click "I Agree to the Terms and Conditions". This is your electronic signature indicating you reviewed the terms and conditions for housing.
Transfer Students – It may take up to 3 business days after your admissions deposit is posted for the Housing Portal to allow you to log in and complete the necessary steps.
Please email any questions or other inquiries to the Residence Life office at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to working with you!