What's Happening in Room Selection 2020
- One Tribe Place is scheduled to reopen for Fall 2020
- Camm Hall will house freshmen next year due to increased enrollment and the closure of Yates basement for repairs. Current students in Camm will be eligible for same complex sign up instead of same room sign up.
- The basement of Stith and Madison will close for the 2020-21 academic year for repairs, the current residents will be eligible for same complex sign up.
- The Modern Language houses will relocate to Landrum 2nd floor and Hardy 2nd and 3rd floor for the 2020-21 year. Current Hardy/Landrum residents that are in the Modern Language designated rooms will be eligible for same building sign up.
- The Africana House will relocate to Landrum Hall ground level for the 2020-21 year. Current Landrum residents that are in the Africana designated rooms will be eligible for same building sign up.
- Substance Free Housing will move to Pleasants Hall 1st. Current Pleasants 1st floor residents that are in the designated rooms will be eligible for same building sign up.
- Block Housing will consist of blocks of four in suite style housing and will occur with traditional housing selection.
- Select rooms will be held back in upper level buildings to insure that we have enough beds for rising sophomores, with the exclusion of singles and apartments.
All eligible returning students who wish to live on campus during the upcoming academic year must sign a 2020-2021 housing contract by February 28, 2020 to participate in the Room Selection Process. The University implemented a two-year residency requirement beginning with the Class of 2023. Students in their freshman and sophomore year are required to live on campus.
You must be a currently enrolled, full-time undergraduate or graduate student for the spring 2020 semester or be readmitted for the fall 2020 semester by Friday, February 28, 2020 (contact the Dean of Students regarding readmission).
Step 1: Complete and submit your online Housing Contract
Housing contracts will be available online beginning February 3, 2020. Those who complete the contract by 5:00 p.m. on February 28, 2020 will be eligible to participate in the room selection process. Contracts signed after 5:00 p.m. on February 28, 2020 will be assigned rooms as space permits. By signing the housing contract you are committing to pay for on campus housing for the full 2020-2021 academic year. This means you commit before you know your specific room assignment. Please review the contract carefully, including the limited cancellation policies. This is a legally binding document.
Step 2: Prepare for Selection
Many factors will come into play as you prepare to complete the room selection process. Take some time to consider your plans including selecting your roommate(s) (single rooms are limited), research your rooming options, learn about self-assignment time slots, and how a variety of factors may affect your final rooming selection.
Step 3: Online Room Selection
Learn what to expect from online room selection before the beginning of your time slot.