Students approved for a medical accommodation or adaptive housing must also sign a housing contract prior to being assigned a space.
Medical Accommodations for Housing
- If you require housing accommodations approval because of a medical need, please contact Student Accessibility Services in the Dean of Students Office.
- AC Approvals – If you have a medical need for air conditioning, please contact Student Accessibility Services in the Dean of Students Office.
For Priority Housing status above:
- February 28, 2020 - Deadline for Priority Housing approval for Returning Students
- June 1, 2020 - Deadline for Priority Housing approval for New Students. This means that you will need to have submitted all documentation needed for an accommodation (this includes single room accommodations for medical needs or adaptive housing needs).
Residence Life seeks to provide adaptive housing accommodations for students with documented needs. Requests for adaptive accommodations can be made based on gender identity, religious need or recovery from substance abuse. Each request will be considered on a case-by-case basis and supporting documentation may be requested. An adaptive room accommodation is not automatically transferable from one academic year to the next. The university reserves the right to make final decisions regarding all adaptive rooming requests.
Students wishing to request adaptive housing should begin by contacting Residence Life at email@example.com.
- Returning Student Room Selection 2020 – The deadline for students to seek adaptive housing approval for room selection isFriday, February 28, 2020. All medical related accommodation requests for room selection should be referred to Student Accessibility Services.
- Those students with an approval for priority housing selection will select their rooms March 16-20, 2020.
- Eligible students will be contacted to schedule an appointment with Residence Life during that time period.
- Freshman/New Transfer Residents – The deadline for students to seek adaptive housing approval for the 2020-21 academic year is Monday, June 1, 2020. All medical related accommodation requests should be referred to Student Accessibility Services.