Students approved for a medical and/or religious accommodation must also sign a housing contract prior to being assigned a space.
Medical Housing Accommodation Approval for Returning Students:
- Student Accessibility Services (SAS) requests process only pertains to students who are requesting housing accommodations for the first time or who are requesting changes to their current housing accommodations. If you are already approved for housing accommodations and would like to keep those same accommodations for next year, no further action is needed.
- Please note if you are a first year student in a residence hall with a window unit you will not be added to the Returning Student Accommodation Room Selection process as all upperclassmen halls have cooling systems.
Medical Housing Accommodation Approval for New Students:
- If you require special housing accommodations approval because of a medical need please contact Student Accessibility Services in the Dean of Students Office.
- AC Approvals - If you have a medical need for air conditioning, please contact Student Accessibility Services in the Dean of Students Office.
- Students with needs related to Gender Transition or Substance Abuse can apply for accommodations thru SAS.
- DO NOT WAIT until after the New Student Room Selection process ends with a hope that you will be able to select into a space that meets your medical needs, including air conditioned buildings. A delay in medical approvals will prevent you from participating in the New Student Accommodation Room Selection process where students are able to select into a space that meets their approved medical need.
- There are no guarantees that students will be able to select into a space that meets their medical need during the regular New Student Room Selection days at the end of the New Student Room Selection week.
Deadlines For Medical Accommodations Requests:
- January 10, 2022 - Deadline for Returning Students to submit a new requests or adjustments with the Student Accessibility Services.
- May 15, 2022 - Deadline for New Graduate Students for Fall 2022 to submit request with the Student Accessibility Services.
- June 1, 2022 - Deadline for New Undergraduate Students for Fall 2022 to submit request with the Student Accessibility Services.
- This means that you will need to have submitted all documentation needed for an accommodation (this includes single occupancy room accommodations) by the stated deadline.
- Requests will continue to be considered after these dates, but there may be a delay in implementing accommodations based on space and availability.
Religious Housing Accommodation Approvals:
Requests for religious housing accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis according to documented need. Following a thorough review through the Dean of Students Office, will make recommendations as appropriate to Residence Life.
The deadline to submit request for religious housing accommodations is by June 1, 2022 for new students.
For questions please email: Deanofstudents@wm.edu