Welcome to Landrum Hall Updates!
- You and/or your roommate MUST be present when movers arrive. We will not key in to rooms or move any belongings without at least one roommate on site
- If you miss the move in day for your building, you will be responsible for your own move. We are unable to reschedule the moving company beyond the posted schedule
- Please carefully read the information on this page for information regarding packing and labeling your items and, moving schedules, and how to pick up keys
Things to know:
When can I come back to campus?
- You will be allowed to arrive on campus after 12 pm on Wednesday, January 9th. You are welcome to arrive any time after January 9 that suits your needs f
- or final packing and your scheduled move.
- Please note that dining services will open for dinner on Friday, January 11, so the dining halls will be closed until that meal. Please plan accordingly if you arrive before that date. You will be on your own for meals.
When are professional movers available?
January 10th - Richmond Hall
January 11th- Randolph and Dupont Hall
January 12th- Barrett, Hardy, Lemon, One Tribe, Bryan Complex, House 7
- If you chose to move yourself you can return to campus January 9, 2019
When can I check into Landrum to pick up my key?
January 10th - 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m..
January 11th - 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m..
January 12th - 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
January 13th - 11:00 a.m. -10:00 p.m.. Duty Office
January 14th - 11:00 a.m. -10:00 p.m.. Duty Office
- January 15th - 11:00 a.m. -10:00 p.m.. Duty Office
When do I check out of my Fall 2018 assignment?
- At latest January 15, 2019 by 10:00 p.m.., you will need to return your key to the duty office during duty office hours from 6:00 p.m.. - 10:00 p.m.. or drop it in the Dropbox outside the duty office of your fall assignment.
I need boxes to pack, where can I get them?
- Tazewell - Basement
- Bryan - Basement study lounge by North Laundry room
- Richmond Hall - Main lounge
- Dupont - Center lobby
- Hardy - Small lounge by Duty Office
- Barrett - Center lobby
When will boxes be available?
- The afternoon of December 12, 2018
How should I label my boxes for the movers?
- All items must be labeled with name and Landrum assignment: William and Mary will design and distribute – no label, no move
- Only stackable containers – no bags or loose items
- Items like bookshelves, desk chairs and fridges that are student property will be moved; rental furniture and fridges will be moved by Dorms Direct
- Fragile or valuable items should be moved by the student; all other items in the move are at the student’s risk
What should I do with my boxes once I've unpacked?
- Once you have unpacked your boxes you can flat pack them and drop them off in the Landrum basement in room 0036