2019 Graduate Student Move-In

Check-In Locations

Grad Complex Check-in Information

The Graduate Complex located at 713 South Henry Street opens at 9:00am on Saturday, August 10. Please see the schedule below as to when you can pick up keys. Information about checking in after hours will be posted at the 800 Building.
Saturday, August 10 9:00am - 6:00pm - 800 Lounge, Grad Complex
Sunday, August 11 9:00am - 6:00pm - 800 Lounge, Grad Complex
August 12-23

- 8:00am - 5:00pm Monday-Friday in the Residence Life Office (212 Campus Center)
- 7:00pm - 9:00pm each evening at the Grad Complex Duty Office - 800 Building during office hours

- If you plan to arrive outside of the above times you will need to contact your Area Director (Michael Embry at mrembry@wm.edu) to request approval to arrive after operating hours. Otherwise you will be unable to check-in upon arrival.

August 24-26

9:00am - 6:00pm - 800 Lounge, Grad Complex

After 7:00pm at the Grad Complex Duty Office - 800 Building during office hours 7:00pm-9:00pm. 


For your convenience, fifteen spaces on the side near the 600 and 700 buildings have been specifically designated as unloading zones. They will have reserved signs marked Unloading Zone for Move-In: 1 Hour Limit. Please help facilitate check-in by using these areas only for unloading and by relocating your vehicle immediately after unloading. The fine for failure to move your vehicle within one hour of or parking illegally on grass or sidewalks may range from $30 - $60, depending on towing. No vehicles are allowed in the courtyard.

Remember: Parking Services will strictly enforce No Parking Zones, which include: sidewalks, walkways or grassy areas. Please help the College maintain the beauty of the campus by parking in designated areas only!

Early Arrival

Per the academic year contract, you must arrive no earlier than August 10th to move into the Gradate Complex.  If you plan to arrive in advance you may request an early arrival to your room.  If early arrival is available, the daily rate for summer housing will be assessed to your student account.  The deadline for requests is July 31, 2019.  If you do not wish to wish to move into your space in the Graduate Complex or your request cannot be facilitated, you may find it beneficial to make arrangements with the Williamsburg Hotel/Motel Association for accommodations (1-800-999-4485) or visit their web site at gowilliamsburg.com.

Apartment Council Dues

There is an Apartment Council which is created each year from current residents of the Graduate Complex. This council administers policies in the complex, plans social events for complex residents and purchases equipment for their use. In order to support these activities, all residents of the Grad Complex are asked to pay Apartment Council Dues of $30. These dues have covered such things as the purchase of a TV for the lounge, and vacuum cleaners for use by residents. Apartment council dues will be collected at check in.

Outstanding Bills
Please be aware that if you have a past due bill with Residence Life you will not be allowed to validate your registration until your account is cleared. To avoid such delays, please submit your payment to the Bursar's Office as soon as possible.

Delivery and Mail

You will have two addresses while living at the Grad Complex. The first, a standard mailing address is for a mailbox located centrally at the complex. Your address (substituting your BOX NUMBER for the ###) should follow your name and be formatted as follows:

Student's Name
GSH # # # #
P.O. Box 8705
Williamsburg, VA 23187-8705

To ensure proper delivery of parcels from UPS, FED-EX or other carriers, mail should be addressed using the address format below:

Students Name
GSH # # # #
200 Stadium Drive
Sadler Center #110
Williamsburg, VA 23186

-Please visit the W&M Postal Services website for additional information.


The College is not responsible or liable for any loss or damage to property resulting from fire, theft, casualty or any cause, or for personal injury occurring within the leased premises, except as may be required by Virginia law. It is strongly recommended that personal property insurance be obtained by each student for his or her belongings. Renter's insurance is offered by most major insurance companies; some companies actually offer the option of a rider on a homeowner's policy to cover the belongings of students away at college. We recommend that you contact your current insurance provider or visit these informational websites quotes, guide, reviews, to examine your options.