Fall 2022 Check-In Dates
The dates for Fall 2022 residence hall check-in are listed below. Residence hall students will be required to schedule a check-in appointment.
Check-in will take place as a contactless, drive through process to obtain keys and confirm arrival. Students will then drive to their assigned buildings to move in.
Please check your WM email account for your assigned timeslot.
- In order to maintain safety and maintain flow of traffic, no more than 100 residents will be allowed to move onto campus during any given hour. Students are limited to one car in the unloading zone at a time. No rental trucks or trailers permitted due to traffic flow.
- Residents will sign up through the Housing Portal under the 2022 Move In Form. There are more appointments than students so if you miss your assigned timeslot, you can still log in and make an appointment.
- Your Timeslot is:00/00/00 00:00. Please know you will not be able to access the Fall Move In Form until your time slot time opens.
- Once you access the 2022 Move In Form you will be able to select your move in option based on the move in schedule:
First Year & New Transfer Student Check-In by Appointment
- Thursday, August 25 from 8:00am - 4:15pm
- Friday, August 26 from 8:00am - noon
Returning Upper Level Student Check-In by Appointment
- Saturday, August 27 and Sunday, August 28 from 8:00am - 4:30pm
- Monday, August 29 and Tuesday, August 30 from 9:00am - 4:30pm (in the Residence Life Office, 212 Campus Center) by request email@example.com
Graduate Complex, Ludwell, & Nicholas Apartment Check-In by Appointment
- Monday, August 15 to Friday, August 19 from 9:00am - 4:30pm
- Sunday August 21 to Sunday, August 28 from 9:00am - 4:30pm
- Monday, August 29 and Tuesday, August 30 from 9:00am - 4:30pm (in the Residence Life Office, 230 Gooch Drive) by request (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Campus Living Staff Check-In by Appointment
- Community Directors – Tuesday, August 9 – 9:00am – 4:30pm
- Head Residents/GRAs – Thursday, August 11 – 9:00am – 4:30pm
- Housing Assistants - Monday, August 15 – 9:00am – 4:30pm
- New RAs/Returning RAs/OADs – Thursday, August 18 - 9:00am – 4:30pm
- Returning RAs – Friday, August 19 - 9:00am – 2:00pm
You must have a pre-arranged and confirmed move in appointment before you travel to campus. If you do not have an appointment, then you will not be permitted to move into the residence hall. There will be no exceptions to this practice.
Moving to Campus
What to Pack
- As you pack for the upcoming fall semester, please be mindful of what you are bringing, how you are transporting it, and how difficult it may be to move your items quickly in the event of a campus closure.
- Enter the check-in line at your designated appointment time. Do not enter the line prior to your appointment as you will be directed out of the line to wait for your actual check-in time.
- Do Not first go to your residence hall as all students are required to pick up their room/apartment key at their scheduled move in appointment location before proceeding to/accessing their residence hall
- All residential students should following the prescribed Move-In Route for their residence hall assignment.
- Your Move In Appointment QR code will be available on the 2022 Move In form 1 week before your arrival. Please have this and your W&M student ID (or a government picture ID) with you when you arrive for your move-in appointment.
- Once you have checked in and picked up your room key, proceed to your designated building unload zone. Once you have unloaded your vehicle please move your vehicle to avoid back up.
- Students are limited to one car in the unloading zone at a time.
- No rental trucks or trailers permitted due to traffic flow.
Once You Are On Campus
- Do not park on the sidewalk, in fire lanes or on the grass.
- Once you have checked in and picked up your room key proceed to your designated building unload zone. Once you have unloaded your vehicle, please move your vehicle to avoid back up.
- You have a total of 1 hour from check in to unload your vehicle after which you will need to move your vehicle to make room for those checking in after you.
- Avoid crowding at doors and in stairwells to help with foot traffic. Pay attention to and comply with all directional signage in the building.
- Because of challenges associated with maintaining in elevators we require the following guidelines:
- Elevators may only be used for transporting large belongings or if there is a need due to a mobility issue.
- Stage items at the elevator so that the elevator is only used once to transport all of your belongings downstairs – this will allow safe and efficient use of limited elevators on campus.
- Dispose of all trash and recycling outside in the dumpsters provided.
- Don’t forget to bring a reusable water bottle, there will be refill stations throughout campus! You can find refill stations through the mobile app!
Move-In Inclement Weather Plan
If inclement weather occurs, we will pause the check-in process temporarily until the weather passes for the safety of our staff, residents, and families. Once the weather has cleared, we will continue the check-in process as normal. If we are only experiencing rain, we will continue check-in as normal.
Individuals who need to arrive early may find it beneficial to make arrangements with the Williamsburg Hotel/Motel Association for accommodations (1-800-999-4485) or visit their web site at www.gowilliamsburg.com. Unfortunately, we will not be able to accommodate early arrivals.