Facilities Assistant Position Description:
- Facilities Assistants will work under the supervision of Residence Life to do the following:
- Assist in inventorying fire safety equipment, furniture
andother items in the residence halls.
- Assist in inventories and compiling lists of needed repairs as well as inspect that maintenance items have been completed.
- Assist in escorting vendors through the halls during the course of furniture deliveries, maintenance
andrenovations of buildings.
- Assist with receiving college shipments and distributing parcels across campus.
- Perform general office tasks
- Assist Residence Life in other projects and tasks that may need to be completed in the residence halls.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be a William & Mary student in good standing. You may take summer classes; however, preference will be given to those students not taking any classes during the summer session.
- Candidates should be able to finish tasks
independently,and be skilled in Word and Excel.
- Position requires
abilityto stand and/or sit for 2-3 hours, walk, climb stairs, lift 25lbs., reach, pull, push, carry, perform repetitive motions and occasionally work in outside environmental conditions and in un-air conditioned spaces.
- Work a minimum of 30 hours per week
- Must be able to commit to work hours ranging from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Mon. through Fri.
- Activities and commitments outside working hours must not interfere with
facilitiesassistant's ability to fulfill job responsibilities
- Employment begins May 14 and ends on or about August 28.
Facilities Assistants are employees and representatives of Residence Life and of William & Mary. As such, they are expected to conduct themselves in a mature and responsible manner, abiding by all policies, rules
- Competitive pay for a summer job ($10.00/hr)
- Free air-conditioned housing and a chance to stay in Williamsburg for the summer
- Become more familiar with campus and Facilities / Residence Life operations
- Have fun (while working hard) and make