Thank you for your interest in summer employment. Each year Residence Life seeks to fill a range of student staff positions each summer. This summer, Residence Life is accepting applications for resident assistants, a media specialist, and facilities assistants. If you have questions or concerns, please reach out to [[staffselection]].
Summer Residence Hall Student Staff Positions Available
- Resident Assistants (2 positions)
- Tribe Square RA (position filled under separate staff agreement and timeline)
Hourly Summer Staff Positions AvailableSummer Media Specialist (up to 25 hours a week)
Summer Residence Life Hiring Timeline
|May 2 at 11:59pm||Application deadline|
|May 3 - May 21||Applications review on rolling basis for Facilities Worker and Social Media Specialist|
|May 7||Update on status/offers extended for Resident Assistant applicants. If you have interviewed with Residence Life in the last 6 months, your information on file will be accessed.|
|Prior to May 22||Update on status to applicants for the Facilities Assistant and Summer Media Specialist role|
|Position||Move In Date||Training Begins||Departure Date|
|Graduate Complex Assistant||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Resident Assistants||June 30||July 1||August 19|
|Tribe Square RA||TBD||TBD||Assignment continues
until May 2021
|Summer Media Specialist||N/A (housing not available)||June 1||August 6|
|Facilities Assistant||N/A (housing not available)||June 30||TBD|
Residence Hall Staff Qualifications: (See specific position descriptions for added eligibility requirements)
- Minimum GPA 2.0
- Must not have a conduct or honor sanction that is equal to or more stringent than probation during the application, appointment and employment period.
PriorResidence Life experience is not required but preferred for all positions.
- You must be enrolled for the fall semester, but do not have to be enrolled in a summer session.
- Resident Assistant - Room rent for a single room and $600 stipend.
- Summer Media Specialist/ Facilities Assistant: $10.00/per hour (room rent is not provided as compensation; on-campus housing is not available for summer 2021)
Summer housing for Resident Assistants will be in Richmond Hall.
Direct Questions about summer positions to:
General Information: Taylor Locks, [[staffselection]]
Media Specialist position: Sydney Bergstrom, [[srbergstrom]]
Facilities Assistant: Chris Durden [[mcdurd]]