Applications for the 2021-22 Student Staff positions of Resident Assistant, Community Director, and Head Resident will open on Monday, November 16, 2020. Applications for Student Office Workers are under review at this time. Applications for hourly positions will open in Spring 2021. If you need assistance with the application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Go to the Campus Living Employment Portal.
- Use your William & Mary Username and Password to login. If you are not a William & Mary student, select "Don't Have W&M Credentials" and follow the instructions.
- Start the application by selecting
Application& Program Selection Page in the green bar, then identify the program for which you are applying and complete all of the menu items.
- All applicants will be asked to upload a copy of their short answer portfolio questions and a resume in Word or PDF format. The documents should be submitted as two separate files.
- Student Office Workers will be asked to submit a resume and a cover letter in Word or PDF format.
- For assistance with resume writing, visit the Cohen Career Center.
- Two references are required. No written references will be accepted. References should be selected on their ability to discuss your qualities and characteristics as they apply to the student staff position. W&M student staff may be used as a reference, however, please do not include a professional staff member. A current or former employer, volunteer coordinator, teacher, or advisor may also be listed. References may or may not be contacted.
- Submit the application electronically by all stated deadlines. The deadline to apply to be a Resident Assistant, Head Resident, or Community Director is
11:59pm, Sunday, January 31, 2021. No late applications will be accepted.
- Once notified complete an interview. Applicants for the 2021-22 student staff positions (Resident Assistants, Community Directors, and Head Residents) will complete an asynchronous video interview. Additional information will be shared at the time of application.
- Candidates who have completed the application will be notified via email to schedule an interview(s). Instructions to access the online asynchronous system will be shared at that time.
- Prior to the interview review the Cohen Career Center Tips on Interviewing.
- Candidates will be notified of their candidate status by email message.
- Applicants for the 2021-22 Community Director, Head Resident, and Resident Assistant be notified in late March of their status. Due to the institution's hiring freeze for student staff positions, specific offers of employment and placement will not be shared until the summer.