Close menu Resources for... William & Mary
William & Mary W&M menu close William & Mary

Credit from Foreign Institutions

William & Mary recognizes that international students may arrive on campus having completed studies equivalent to college courses.

To be eligible for possible transfer credit, all students who have completed a 13-year secondary program or who have attended a university outside of the United States must submit translated syllabi for each thirteenth year or university course with their application for admission. Once these students have been admitted to the university and have declared their intention to enroll, they must submit an official transcript to:  

William & Mary
Office of the University Registrar

Attn: Transfer Credit Coordinator
PO Box 8795
Williamsburg, VA 23187-8795 

Additionally, incoming students with international educational experiences may be required to send their academic credentials to an international evaluation service for preliminary determination of transferable credit. William & Mary recommends utilizing International Education Evaluation (IEE) for credential evaluations and translations. 

Students should contact the [[transfercredit,Transfer Services Coordinator]] in the Office of the University Registrar to determine whether they are required to go through an international evaluation service.