Please Note: The degree audit tool assumes successful completion of any courses in which you are currently enrolled. All areas are using completed AND in-progress courses.
Degree Audit (DegreeWorks)
(Safari is not recommended to view a DegreeWorks audit)
The DegreeWorks audit shows the requirements for your degree and whether or not they are complete. You should view your audit any time you are preparing for registration, advising, or a change in program of study (degree, major or minor). Let us know if you see any omissions or errors, or have any questions by emailing [[w|degreeaudit]] from your W&M student email account. Be sure to include your name, Banner ID, and the error(s) you find, or questions you have.
This tool is set up for undergraduates, and law, business and education graduate students. If you are a graduate student, please check with your school's graduate registrar for more detailed information regarding your program's degree requirements.
To view a degree audit:
- Go to myW&M, click the Banner button and login to Banner Self Service
- Click Student & Financial Aid
- Click Student Records
- Click DegreeWorks
- Enter your W&M Username and password
- Review your degree audit (the information contained here is refreshed nightly)
Not sure what it all means? Get help to better understand your degree audit.
To Create a Plan in DegreeWorks
- Click on the Plans tab in DegreeWorks
- Click Select Template in the Create Plan window
- Highlight the template you would like to use and press Open
- Select your starting term and press OK
- To begin working on your plan, click anywhere in the first Fall term bar to activate the bar. Then click the plus sign on that bar to open up the Add Requirement window. In this window, select Course.
- A course requirement bar will open up to allow you to search for courses to add.
- Using the course catalog catalog.wm.edu and the open course list courselist.wm.edu, search for courses that you would like to take this semester and next semester and begin to fill in those options in the Course Requirement bars by typing in the subject and number of the course.
- To search for courses, type in the subject in the Course block to let DegreeWorks filter to that subject’s courses. Scroll down to find the course you want (from your search of courselist.wm.edu and catalog.wm.edu), highlight it and it will now appear in your plan.
- To delete courses, highlight the bar for the course you would like to delete and then press the minus button.
- Once your finished adding your courses, check the Active box and then press the save button.
To view a summary of your Plan, click the drop-down arrow next to the View box and select Summary.