Banner Self Service allows you to view your class rosters, provide registration overrides, grade and view advisee information, as well as email your class.
- Go to myWM, click the Banner button and login with your WMuserid and password.
- From the Faculty Services Menu select Summary Class List.
- Select the appropriate term using the drop down box and click the submit button.
- You will be prompted to Select the CRN (Course Reference Number) you wish to use. The drop down box displays the course title and CRN for all sections in which you are the assigned instructor. Using the list provided with these instructions, select the appropriate CRN and click the submit button.
- On the Summary Faculty Class List page, scroll down toward the bottom of the page until you see the heading Summary Class List, and the column headings that say Record Number, Student Name, ID, etc. Under these columns you will see the list of students registered for the CRN you selected, including an icon for the William & Mary email address of each student and links to both the midterm and final grade worksheets.
- To select another CRN, select the CRN Selection menu link at the bottom of the page. After selecting the next CRN, you will be returned to the Faculty Services Menu and will need to click on Summary Faculty Class List which will then display the Summary Faculty Class List for the new CRN you selected. Repeat the steps above.
Export your roster to Excel
If you would like to export your roster to Excel, use your mouse and highlight the list of students. You MUST include the column headings in your highlight in order for the formatting to work in Excel. After you highlight the header and all of the names, right click your mouse and select "copy." Now open Excel. In the first block of the spreadsheet, right click your mouse and select "paste." You may need to adjust the column widths. You now have a roster in Excel.
The email list for an entire class or for all advisees has a new format in Banner Self Service*. You will now see a button that says Display Email. When you select this button, the list of email addresses for the class or list of advisees will display in a text box.
You can copy the email addresses and simply paste into either the "To" or "Bcc" fields in your email.
*The change to the functionality is due to the numerous email clients being used at the university. The icon functionality did not work with several of the email clients, thus those faculty could not access the email addresses for their classes or their advisees.
If you have additional questions or need assistance, please contact the Office of the University Registrar at 757-221-2800, or IT Support at (757) 221-HELP.