As a state institution of higher education and part of the Virginia Association for State College and University Purchasing Professionals (VASCUPP), the college operates under the commonwealth of Virginia Purchasing Manual for Institutions of Higher Education and the Virginia Public Procurement Act (VPPA). William and Mary is classified as a Level III school, which allows for the greatest autonomy and to ensure the quality of higher education in the Commonwealth.
eVA self-registered vendors
One of the requirements to ensure the College maintains this restructured status is to utilize eVA for all of the College's purchasing needs. Utilizing eVA self-registered vendors for your department's purchasing needs is the best way to ensure compliance. Find eVA self-registered vendors by searching by vendor's name of keyword.
eVA's database now includes state-entered vendors due to the initiative to accurately report state purchases to vendors. To ensure the vendor you are looking for is a self-registered vendor, check the first column on the left, Status, either 'State' or 'Self' will show underneath the vendor's status.
If the vendor is a state-entered vendor or not yet listed on the eVA vendor list, check Vendor Registration Information for details on how to proceed.
Use of Vendors non self-registered vendors in eVA
- Ask vendor to register - using the eVA letter to vendors may help explain the benefits of vendor self-registration.
- If unsuccessful, search eVA for a registered vendor for your purchase.
- If still unsuccessful, document your efforts for all the above actions in the "comments" section including contact names and dates of the request.
- Contact initial vendor and have vendor complete the Commonwealth's Substitute W-9 form.
- Send completed W-9 to [[evavendor]] and procurement will submit request for creation in Cardinal /erVA database.
(Expect minimum of 3 business day turnaround.)
- Procurement will notify department when vendor is in eVA database for department to proceed with entering eVA order.
- Procurement provides W-9 to AP.
- AP creates the vendor in Banner.
- Department will submit all required documentation for AP to process.
There are times when an eVA purchase order may be required for purchases that are deemed 'eVA exempt'. Please be sure to choose the eVA PO Category type "X02" Exempt when creating the eVA order.Office of Procurement Contact