Resources for International and Undocumented Students

You are welcome here.

Branch Out strives to make alternative breaks accessible for all William & Mary students, regardless of citizenship or immigration status. Given changing policies around travel for international and undocumented students, we are committed to helping our students find the most up-to-date information so they can make informed decisions.

Each year, Branch Out offers local, domestic, and international alternative breaks. Familiarity with travel policies will help you determine which type of alternative break is the best fit for you.

International Alternative Breaks

The Reves Center provides a variety of resources on international travel for international and DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) students: 

Requirements for visas and other travel documents differ based on your alternative break host country and citizenship status. Please research the requirements thoroughly in preparation for your trip, particularly if you don’t hold U.S. citizenship. Because of the processing time associated with most government paperwork, it's wise to begin the process as soon as you can.

Participants are responsible for covering any costs associated with passports, visas, advance parole, or other travel documents. These costs may, however, be considered as part of your financial aid application.

Domestic Alternative Breaks

While the majority of our domestic alternative breaks travel by university van, we do offer a couple of flying trips. Participants who sign up for flying trips should ensure they have a TSA-accepted form of identification.

Still have questions? We’re still learning, but we’re eager to work with you. [[w|mefoley,Reach out anytime]].