Community Engagement Listserv
Each week, the Office of Community Engagement publishes a listserv to more than 3,000 students sharing upcoming service, education, and community action opportunities.
Community and student organizations may submit opportunities to the listserv. To submit or subscribe, email [[efmiller,Elizabeth Miller]]. Submissions are due by 12 pm on Fridays. Your opportunity will be included in the listserv for up to three weeks.
If you are requesting volunteers, please email Elizabeth Miller a three to four sentence description of your need for volunteers, including requirements, what volunteers will be doing, date, times, location, and contact information.
Opportunities will be posted to the listserv at the discretion of OCE staff. The following opportunities are common on our listserv:
- Volunteer needs of community organizations
- Educational events (such as film screenings and speakers) related to community and social issues
- Jobs and internships related to community engagement
The following opportunities will not be included in the listserv:
- Opportunities in which proselytizing occurs
- Opportunities in which students are asked to serve alcohol or alcohol consumption is a primary function of the event
- Opportunities which occur during William & Mary exam periods
This listserv is provided as a service of the Office of Community Engagement but we do not endorse specific opportunities. OCE assumes no responsibility for information posted on this listserv. In no event shall the Office of Community Engagement or William & Mary be liable for any damages related to listed opportunities.