How You Can Help
Now is a critical time to engage our William & Mary value of service and support community responses to COVID-19. As you consider these opportunities to serve the greater good, please remember to take care of yourself as well.
- View remote and on-site COVID-19 volunteer needs through Volunteer Match
- Find local volunteer opportunities through Volunteer Hampton Roads and Volunteer Peninsula. If you're not in the Greater Williamsburg area, check the website of your local United Way.
- Support the needs of area non-profits shared by Network Peninsula
- Explore virtual volunteering opportunities suggested by the Clinton Global Initiative
- Create a piece of art (writing, music, performances, etc.) for medical staff and patients through #GetWellWorld
- Share a meal and conversation with someone of a different generation through Meals Together
- If you live in the Williamsburg area and are able to make fabric masks for others, Williamsburg Regional Library will help connect you to community organizations in need of masks for their staff and volunteers. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get connected.
- Submit virtual appreciation to care providers through United Way of Virginia Peninsula
Complete capacity-projects for organization impacted by COVID-19 through Catchafire
Search remote volunteer opportunities through Points of Light's All for Good Database
- If you are a health professional, consider becoming a volunteer with Virginia's Medical Reserve Corps.
For Community Organizations
If volunteers could be of assistance to you, either in-person or remotely, please share your needs. WM volunteers can help with direct-service opportunities as well as capacity work like taking meeting minutes, creating captions or translations for content, data entry, and communications.