OCE is committed to accessibility and inclusion in our work toward a society in which all individuals can reach their full potential.
We recently added this accessibility statement and an overview of our accessibility efforts to our website:
For OCE, accessibility means building opportunities in which everyone can participate fully. Some examples of OCE accessibility efforts include:
- Providing image descriptions and closed captions on our website and social media
- Offering almost all of our programs at no cost, and providing scholarships for programs with a fee (alternative breaks and pre-orientation trips)
- Asking participants about accessibility needs in all event and program registrations
- Directly engaging populations including those with disabilities/chronic illness; First-Gen/Low-Income; veterans; Black, Indigenous, and People of Color; and LGBTQ+ individuals to understand and remove barriers to their participation
- Offering live transcriptions during Zoom calls and presentations
- Using W&M’s accessibility resources, and consulting with the ADA Coordinator, Human Resources and Student Accessibility Services as needed
Please share your comments, questions, and feedback with [[efmiller,Elizabeth]].