The mission of the Office of Community Engagement is to connect William & Mary and community to support students’ development as active and educated citizens and to promote positive, community-driven social change.
Our vision is that students will prioritize working within and understanding community in a lifelong pursuit of social justice.
Our office is located on the third floor in Blow Hall.
What We Do
- Promote the development of active, educated citizen students at William & Mary, combining intellectual rigor and community service to generate positive, community-driven social change
- Connect community organizations with students and faculty to create mutually beneficial partnerships
- Provide opportunities to tutor and mentor local students through our educational programs
- Offer ongoing and one-time local service projects for students and groups through our local community engagement programs
- Organize opportunities for immersive service through Branch Out Alternative Breaks
- Introduce new students to diverse social issues and community-building methods before move-in day through our 7 Generations Pre-Orientation program
- Provide grant funding for innovative community engagement projects that develop students as active citizens and to support communities in achieving their own goals
- Engage the minds of students, community partners, faculty and staff with discussions about social issues and community topics
- Sponsor campus events and forums promoting the development of active citizens, including the annual William & Mary Active Citizens Conference