PIPS is accepting research interns for the 2018 spring semester. Applicants should submit the following required material—except letters of recommendation—to the PIPS Research Internship listing in Tribe Careers. Search for PIPS to find the listing.
- A cover letter that discusses why you want to be a PIPS research intern and identifies potential research topics
- Resume, which includes cumulative and major GPAs and graduation year
- Personal information sheet. The document can be found here (docx).
- Unofficial college transcript
- A writing sample from a previous class of 4-6 pages in length
- Two letters of recommendation from William & Mary faculty assessing and ranking (on a scale of one to ten, with ten representing exceptional ability) your analytical ability, writing skill, maturity, and capacity to conduct independent social science or historical research. Faculty letters of recommendation may be submitted via e-mail to [[pips]] or, if more convenient, in hard copy to PIPS, Department of Government, Tyler Hall Room 318. Please inform your faculty recommender that a short informal assessment submitted via e-mail is preferred.
PIPS Research Internship Application Guidelines:
All submitted files must be in Adobe PDF format and each file name must use the following format:
For example: Intern.Doe.Jane.2019.Coverletter
Note: PIPS will only review applications that meet the specified formatting.
The submission deadline for the 2017 spring semester is January 10, 2018, at 5 p.m. If you have any questions, please contact the PIPS Directors, [[pips, Amy Oakes and Dennis Smith]]. Finalists will be contacted via email to schedule interviews during the first week of classes.