- Version: SSH Secure Shell Client 3.2.9
- Operating System: Windows
- Cost: Free
- Download SSH Secure Shell Client Now (5.7 MB)
The SSH Secure Shell Client provides secure Telnet and FTP service. Non-secure Telnet and FTP clients cannot be used.
- Download the file sshsecureshellclient-3.2.9.exe. Save it to an easily accessible place (your Windows desktop is a good choice).
- Start the installation by double-clicking on sshsecureshellclient-3.2.9.exe in Windows Explorer.
- When the installation is complete, double click on the Desktop Icon to start the program. NOTE: The installation places 2 SSH icons on your desktop (or location where you saved it). Double click the yellow folder titled SSH Secure File Transfer.
- Once you reach the SSH window click Quick Connect.
- Enter the host name (typically this is sftp.wm.edu).
- Enter your username.
- Port Number is 22.
- Authentication Method is Password.
- Click Connect.
- When prompted with pop up windows, click OK, then enter password.
- Your computer files are located on the left side of the SSH window and the William & Mary files are located on the right side of the window.
Questions? Contact the Technology Support Center (TSC) 757-221-4357 (HELP) | [[support]] | Jones 201, Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm