Important Note: During the summer of 2019, the network storage drives are moving to a new server (files.campus.wm.edu). Find details and updates on our Network Server Storage Change announcement.
1. Right-click on the My Computer icon on the desktop
2. Click on Map Network Drive
3. Select a letter (G: is for group drives, H: for personal drives)
4. In the popup box type \\files.campus.wm.edu\drive (replacing
- G: Drive (group drive) - \\files.campus.wm.edu\home$ (replace "home$" with the name of the group drive)
Example for Thomas Jefferson's G:Drive: \\files.campus.wm.edu\monticello$
- H: Drive (personal drive) - \\files.campus.wm.edu\username (replace "username" with your WMuserid)
Example for Thomas Jefferson's H:Drive: \\files.campus.wm.edu\tjefferson
6. Beside User Name type campus\WMuserid (ex: campus\tjefferson)
7. Enter your password
1. In the Finder, select Connect To Server... from the "Go" menu
2. In the Server Address field, enter smb://files.campus.wm.edu/drive (replacing
- G: Drive (group drive) - smb://files.campus.wm.edu/home$ (replace "home$" with the name of the group drive)
Example for Thomas Jefferson's G:Drive:
- H: Drive (personal drive) - smb://files.campus.wm.edu/username (replace "username" with your WMuserid)
Example for Thomas Jefferson's H:Drive: smb://files.campus.wm.edu/tjefferson
3. Click connect
4. Select Registered User
5. Put in your username in this format: CAMPUS\WMuserid (ex. CAMPUS\tjefferson)
6. Enter your password
Note: If you are using Leopard (Mac OS X v10.5), read this alert about folder permissions.
G: Drive (Group Space)
For help on accessing, connecting to, or creating a G: Drive for your department, contact the Technology Support Center.
Academic Storage (ACStore)
Find connection instructions and access request information on the ACStore website.
Trouble connecting or questions? Contact the Technology Support Center (TSC)
757-221-4357 (HELP) | [[support]] | Jones 201, Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm