Below are the instructions on getting started using your New WMApps Email. Complete the following processes:
- Activate your WMApps Email Account
- Log in to your WMApps Email Account
- (Optional) Place a forward on your WMApps Email Account
Follow these instructions to activate and set the Password for your WMApps email.
- Navigate to https://changepassword.wm.edu/wmapps.
- You will be asked to authenticate using your WMuserid and Password.
- At this point you will create your password for your new WMApps Email account. Enter a password of your choice that meets the following requirements into the Password dialogue box:
- Must be at least 8 characters
- Must contain at least one UPPERCASE and one lowercase letter
- Must contain either one number or symbol (e.g. a space or punctuation mark)
- Must NOT contain either an apostrophe, ampersand, quotation marks, question mark or a backslash (i.e.,&, or ' or " or ? or \)
- Must NOT contain your WMuserid, your first name or your last name
- Should be distinct from your WMuserid password.
- Re-enter your password in the Confirm Password dialogue box, then click Submit.
- Your password is now set. Click the "Now Login" link to log in to WMApps Email.
You will log in to your new WMApps email account to ensure it is properly activated and the password works.
- After setting your WMApps Password, you should be directed to www.email.wm.edu.
- Enter your WMuserid next to Username: (for example: jzsmith).
- Enter the password for your WMApps email account. This is the password you set while activating your WMApps email account.
Click Sign in.
If you currently have your email forwarded (Business School or Vims Students) to a different email address and would like to continue to have it forwarded, please follow these instructions. This step is not a requirement.
- Log in to your WMApps email account as shown above.
- Click Settings (located in the top right of the page).
- Click Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
- Select radio button next to "Forward a copy of incoming mail to" and enter your desired email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com) you would like to forward your email to.
- You have the option to keep a copy of the forwarded messages in your inbox, have them archived or moved to delete.
- When complete, click Save Changes.
Questions? Contact the Technology Support Center
757-221-4357 (HELP) | [[support]] | Jones 208, Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm