Because Banner Admin (formerly know as INB) houses so much sensitive data (budget records, personal information, etc.), your password for Banner Admin should always be secure. You are required to change it every 90 days and it must be different from the primary password that goes with your W&M account.
- It must be between 8 and 30 characters in length.
- It must contain at least 1 uppercase letter, 1 lowercase letter, and 1 number.
- It must have a minimum of 4 positions that are different from your previous password. (For example, changing from BannerPW1 to BannerPW2 won't work.)
- It must NOT include the following special characters: !"#$%&()'*+,-/:;<=>?@
- It must be different from your past 10 passwords.
- You can't use obvious passwords such as "Password1"
If your password expires, a pop-up window prompts you to enter a new password.
- Enter your old, expired password
- Enter the new password with confirmation, and
- Click OK.
Change your password
Go to GUAPSWD within Banner and you will be prompted to enter your existing password and prompted to create a new password.
To reset your Banner Admin password, log into Banner Self-Service via the myWM homepage. Select any menu item and you will see a tab called Banner Password Reset. Select the tab and follow the instructions to reset your password. A new temporary password will be issued.