There are many options for video collaboration in the classroom and beyond. Check out these offerings to find out what best suits your needs.
- What: a cloud-based conferencing solution that provides both video and audio conferencing, mobile collaboration, screen sharing capabilities, and online meetings.
- Why: Zoom is easy to use, versatile, shareable, and integrated with Blackboard.
- How: Download our Zoom Quick Start Guide (pdf) or check-out our Zoom website to learn more about it.
- What: Basic and best-known option for most users.
- Why: Allows multiple calls and screen share.
- How: Requires program installation and registration with Skype.
- Support: Contact Classroom Support (757-221-3011). For self-service, see the Skype support website for more information.
Our collaborative classrooms are designed for fully interactive instruction and class activities which can be used for distance learning or business conferencing. These classrooms usually support all suggested video conferencing options and can be for short or long term use. There are collaborative classrooms in Morton and Hugh Jones hall. Please contact Classroom Support (757-221-3011) for more information.
Video Conferencing Equipment
Equipment can be provided that can be used to make your video conferencing needs easier. These items are available for short and long term use. For the more confident user, these items are also available for self-service.
Classroom Support is available in Jones 206 and at 757-221-3011 for consultation on videoconferencing options and requirements. Please allow a minimum of 5 business days for preparations. This will allow us to organize, plan, and test our systems and equipment prior to the event.
Should you need assistance under the requested 5 business days, please note that we will assist you in the best possible way that time allows, but may not be able to accommodate your request based on resources and personnel available. Equipment for self-use is also available to pick up for your immediate needs, if in stock.
Please provide the following information in your request: location, time, duration, who you are connecting with and their contact information, whether or not the meeting is a reoccurring event, and any other pertinent information that you can provide that might help in the setup of the videoconference.
Submit your request by emailing the Videoconferencing Request Form to [[classroomsupport]].
Contact Classroom Support (757-221-3011) for questions about equipment. Use the Videoconferencing Request Form to reserve equipment.