On Wed. October 23rd, the name "WMuserid" will change to "W&M Username" and "WMApps" will change to "G Suite".
To align with the current William & Mary Brand Guidelines, W&M IT will make name changes to the following items in the coming weeks:
- WMuserid (part of your W&M login credentials) will change to W&M Username.
- WMApps (student email and Google tools) will change to G Suite which is the name that Google uses for the set of tools.
Please note that this is a cosmetic change only. Your accounts will not be affected!
The name of WMApps will change to G Suite on myW&M on Wednesday, Oct. 23.
The name of WMuserid will change to W&M Username on the CAS login screen also on Wednesday, Oct. 23.
W&M Communicators and Administrators
Please check the following places and make updates as appropriate:
- Emails – especially templates and auto-generated emails that may include instructions to “log in” or “check your email” (for students).
- Websites – search your website for references that need to be updated. For sites in Cascade, the search tool can be helpful for this. But be sure to review any documents and PDFs that may not show up in search results.
- Forms – check surveys, webforms, and printed forms that might reference either of the two items.
- Instruction Sheets – these will often contain instructions to log in to a system using your "WMuserid". It should be changed to "W&M Username".
We understand that making these changes can take time, but please try to have changes completed by the end of the month of October. Thank you for your help as we work together to strengthen William & Mary’s identity!
Questions? Contact the Technology Support Center (TSC)
757-221-4357 (HELP) | [[support]] | Jones 201, Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm