RA Phone Services FAQ

I am an RA, will I have phone service in my dorm room?

As an RA, you will be provided with Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) phone service in your dorm room.

What is the difference between a VoIP phone and a landline phone?

The VoIP phone uses the W&M network to transmit calls. 

What charges can I expect?

As an RA, you will only have to pay for any long distance, international calls, or toll calls made by using your personal authorization code.  Charges can be viewed on your IT bill and are payable through the Bursar's office.

Will the students on my hall have access to phones? 

Yes! There are hall phones available for public use.