Banner is an online software that the typical William & Mary student uses fairly often. For example, when you register for classes, check your grades, or verify your personal records and financial information, you do so in Banner, specifically in Banner Self-Service.
Access Banner Self-Service
- Go to myWM and find the Banner icon.
- Login with your WMuserid and password.
- You are now in Banner Self-Service.
When you open Banner Self-Service, you will see different menu options; most likely a tab for Personal Information, a Student tab, and a Financial Aid tab. Here are some suggestions for getting started:
- Click through the tabs and familiarize yourself with the different menu options.
- View and/or update your Personal Information.
- Go ahead and fill-out your Emergency Contacts and Emergency Notification information.
- You will be registering for you first classes shortly. Click on the Student tab > Registration > Lookup Classes to Add to see what classes are available.