The following records must be maintained confidentially for a period of at least
three (3) years from the date the position is filled.
- Position description
- Records related to recruitment efforts
- Copies of advertisements
- Employment applications
- Race and gender data on all applicants (NOTE: If information not provided by applicant, record race and gender data as “unknown.”)
- Screening and selection criteria applied
- Interview questions and notes on applicant responses
- Any documentation supporting selection or addressing non-selection
- Documentation supporting the salary determination (retain indefinitely).
Records must be retained and/or destroyed in accordance with the guidelines established by the Library of Virginia.