There are two ways to hire a temporary employee to work in your department. You can create a temporary position using PeopleAdmin or contact an external temporary agency.
Create a Temporary Position:
To create a temporary position in PeopleAdmin, please refer to the Temporary Employment Guide for step by step instructions to guide you through the process of creating a temporary position and hiring the temporary using PeopleAdmin.
Using a Temporary Agency:
Tips for Identifying and Evaluating Temporary Agencies:
- Be clear about what your goals are and what you hope to gain from the use of a temporary employee.
- Find out about the agency's specializations, client companies, typical work assignments and the benefits and training that may be available to temporary employees.
- Make sure that the representative placing your request for a temporary would be easily accessible and actively interested in your particular situation.
- Ask about the agency's screening and interview process.
- Make sure you are completely satisfied with the employment conditions of the agency before you bring on a temporary.
- Be selective and also feel free to inquire with more than one agency at the same time.