The Spark Leadership presentation series motivates, inspires, and energizes leaders at all levels of the organization to consider new ideas, new approaches and strategies, and to think differently. The series is offered three times a year, once per semester.
Thought leaders from various disciplines and organizations are invited to address the William & Mary/VIMS community on a variety of leadership topics. Both formal and informal leaders are invited to attend, learn and grow.
Upcoming Spark Leadership Presentation: Guideposts for Wholehearted Leadership
We all want to matter. We want to make a difference, to have positive impact on this world. However, in order to truly matter, we need to fully connect with each other--to show up, be seen, and be brave. In 2010, a 20-minute TED talk entitled The Power of Vulnerability went viral. That TED talk, which has now been viewed over 31 million times, introduced the world to Brene Brown's research.
Presenter: Dr. Melanie K. Doebler, a certified Daring Way Facilitator and a professional leadership coach, will use Dr. Brown's research as a base, and will guide you in learning how you can lead and live with more courage, compassion, and connection -- the keys to leadership that matters.
Date: Friday, October 27, 2017
W&M Time: 9:00-11:00 am, light refreshments available starting at 8:30 am
VIMS Program: 1:30-3:30 pm, light refreshments to follow presentation
Register by going to Cornerstone and click on the Featured Training tab.
- Servant Leadership Presenter: Dr. Christopher Calkins, July 21, 2017
- After the Election: Now What? Presenter: Cathy Lewis, March 10, 2017
- Conflict Management across the Academy Presenter: Wayne Blair, October 20, 2016
- All the Things I Wish I Knew Presenter: Dr. Robert Foglesong, July 22, 2016
- Building a Healthy Culture when Resources are Limited Presenter: David Friedman, March 4, 2016
- Resilience Skills for Leaders Presenter: Lynne Hughes, November 13, 2015
- Leading with Character Presenter: Dr. Barbara Farmer, July 17, 2015
- Seize the Day Panelists: Henry Broaddus, Davison Douglas, Leah Glenn, Dr. Tatia Granger, Mariellynn Maurer, March 4, 2015
- Crucial Accountability Presenter: Stacy Nelson, October 3, 2014
- Crucial Conversations Presenter: Candace Bertotti, July 25, 2014
- Disney Institute: Creativity & Innovation Presenter: Jim Mundy, March 14, 2014
- Influencers Presenter: Candace Bertotti, October 11, 2013
- High Performing Teams: Building, Leading, Transforming Presenter: Dr. Melanie Doebler, June 21, 2013
- Disney Institute: Leadership Excellence Presenter: Michael Donnelly, March 8, 2013