Many life events qualify for mid-year coverage, to see if yours does please visit DHRM's list of events. Below are some common life events and how to navigate them with our office.
- The employee will need to complete a new benefits enrollment form within 60 days of the marriage.
- They will also need to provide a copy of the Vital Records Certificate of Marriage with the enrollment form.
Having a Child
- Until the employee receives the social security number, they complete a new healthcare form and provide a copy of the hospital proof of birth letter within 60 days of the birth.
- We will assign a temporary ID number.
- They need to update HR with the baby's SSN as soon as they receive the number.
- Failure to update this information may result in future denial of claims by the carrier.
- Please complete the name change form and submit it and the needed documents to HR.
- The employee will need to complete the new benefits enrollment form within 60 days of the divorce; you'll need a copy of the divorce decree as well.
- If your name will be changing as a result of this: please see the name change instructions above.
There are many other life events listed on the DHRM list of qualifying events; if yours is not listed above, please check DHRM's website as well and as always, reach out to [[askHR]] if you have any questions.