WHAT TO DO IF THERE IS A WORKPLACE ACCIDENT WITHIN 24 HOURS…..
- Report ALL on the job injuries and illnesses within 24 hours of incident
- Send the following forms to Human Resources within 24 hours
- First Report of Accident Form
- Physician Selection Form
- Doctor Notes
- Photos of Location
- Incident Investigation Form
- Employee must respond to MCI Investigations
All employees at William & Mary and VIMS, including faculty, full-time staff, part-time staff, student workers, and hourly, are eligible to receive benefits under the Virginia Workers' Compensation Act for an injury and/or illness which is incurred in the course of official work-related duties.
All claims are processed by Managed Care Innovations, Inc. through the Office of Human Resources when filed as an occupational injury/illness. Benefits generally include payment of medical expenses and time lost from work.