New Employee Resource Group (ERG) geared toward our W&M military veteran community
Goals of this group:
- Improve the learning and working environment for veterans
- Advocate transitional support for veterans returning to work and/or school
- Provide mentoring and connections for veterans; and recommend actions to improve the recruitment and retention of veterans
- Provide a welcoming community for veterans within and around W&M
- Support career networking opportunities
- Enhance camaraderie and community.The organizing committee for this proposed ERG includes University Human Resources, Office of Student Veteran Engagement, the Office of the Special Assistant for Military and Veteran Affairs, the MSOB’s Center for Military Transition, and the Office of Career Development and Professional Engagement.
This group is open to everyone who is interested in supporting our W&M military veteran community, faculty, staff, students and surrounding Veteran communities. One need not be a Veteran to join this group. All are welcomed to participate.
An informal gathering of those interested in camaraderie, building community, and supporting our veterans will take place on Thursday, March 24, at the Precarious/Electric Circus Taco Bar in Merchant Square from 4:30 - 6:00 p.m.
- Learning Forward Series
Join us for events as we dive into strategic learning for today's world.