PIPS Research Fellowship Application Guidelines
PIPS is accepting research fellows for the 2022-2023 academic year. Applicants should submit the following required material to the PIPS Research Fellow listing in Tribe Careers. Search for PIPS to find the listing.
- Resume, which must include cumulative and major GPAs and graduation year.
- Unofficial college transcript, as a pdf file.
- A writing sample from a previous class of 5-10 pages in length, an excerpt from a larger document is acceptable.
- Letters of recommendation are not required. Instead, complete and submit a references form with your application packet, in which you list two William & Mary faculty or research supervisors that can attest to your academic abilities. Click here for the references form. PIPS will contact references on an as needed basis. To save your document, “save as” and use the file naming format listed below.
- Complete the PIPS Personal Information Form. Click here for the document. To save your document, “save as” and use the file naming format listed below.
- Complete a Project Brainstorming Form, where you will describe two international security challenges facing the United States or international community. This document is a test of a student’s creativity, knowledge of international affairs, and ability to communicate succinctly. Projects proposed on the brainstorming form are not necessarily those that the student will work on if accepted to PIPS. PIPS defines international security broadly as can be seen in previous white papers. Brainstorming should take that broad definition into account and play to a student’s academic strengths and interests. Accepted students are not restricted to pursuing the ideas or topics they list. Click here for the form. To save your document, “save as” and use the file naming format listed below.
PIPS Research Fellowship Application Guidelines:
All submitted files must be in Adobe PDF format and each file name must use the following format:
Note: PIPS will only review applications that meet the specified formatting.
The submission deadline for the 2022-2023 academic year is Monday, August 15, 2022. If you have any questions, please contact the PIPS Directors, [[pips, Amy Oakes and Dennis Smith]]. Finalists will be contacted via email to schedule interviews during the first week of classes.