PIPS is accepting research fellows for the 2020-2021 academic year. Applicants should submit the following required material—except letters of recommendation—to the PIPS Research Fellow listing in Tribe Careers. Search for PIPS to find the listing.
- Resume, which must include cumulative and major GPAs and graduation year.
- Unofficial college transcript, as a pdf file.
- A writing sample from a previous class of 5-10 pages in length, an excerpt from a larger document is acceptable.
- Two recommendations from William & Mary faculty or research supervisors. Please send an email to PIPS with your recommender’s name and email address. The program will then send them a link to a short online form. Students should provide PIPS with the names and emails of recommenders by no later than August 1 at noon. Please let your recommenders know that they do not have to write letters of recommendation.
- Complete the PIPS Personal Information Form. Click here for the document.
- Complete a Project Brainstorming Form, where you will describe three international policy challenges facing the United States and provide a possible solution. Each entry should be no more than 100 words in length. This document primarily is a test of a student’s creativity and knowledge of international affairs. Projects proposed on the brainstorming form are not necessarily those that the student will work on if accepted to PIPS. PIPS defines international security broadly as can be seen in previous white papers. Brainstorming should take that broad definition into account and play to a student’s academic strengths and interests. Accepted students are not restricted to pursuing the ideas or topics they list. Click here for the form.
PIPS Research Fellowship Application Guidelines:
All submitted files must be in Adobe PDF format and each file name must use the following format:
Note: PIPS will only review applications that meet the specified formatting.
The submission deadline for the 2020-2021 academic year is Monday, August 10, 2020. If you have any questions, please contact the PIPS Directors, [[pips, Amy Oakes and Dennis Smith]]. Finalists will be contacted via email to schedule interviews during the first week of classes.