PIPS is accepting research interns for the 2019 spring semester. Applicants should submit the following required material—except letters of recommendation—to the PIPS Research Internship listing in Tribe Careers. Search for PIPS to find the listing.
- Resume, which includes cumulative and major GPAs and graduation year.
- Personal information sheet. The document can be found here.
- Unofficial college transcript, as a pdf file.
- A writing sample from a previous class of 4-6 pages in length (an excerpt from a longer document is acceptable).
- Two recommendations from William & Mary faculty or research supervisors assessing your analytical ability, writing skill, maturity, and capacity to conduct independent social science or historical research. Please provide your recommenders with this recommendation form. Recommenders should be able to type directly into the pdf document. Faculty recommendation forms may be submitted via email to email@example.com or, if more convenient, in hard copy to PIPS, Department of Government, Tyler Hall Room 318.
PIPS Research Internship Application Guidelines:
All submitted files must be in Adobe PDF format and each file name must use the following format:
Note: PIPS will only review applications that meet the specified formatting.
The submission deadline for the 2019 spring semester is Wednesday, January 9, 2019, at 5 p.m. If you have any questions, please contact the PIPS Directors, [[pips, Amy Oakes and Dennis Smith]]. Finalists will be contacted via email to schedule interviews during the first week of classes.