PIPS is accepting research interns for the 2021 spring semester. Applicants should submit the following required material—except letters of recommendation—to the PIPS Research Internship listing in Tribe Careers. Search for PIPS to find the listing.
- Resume, which must include intended major, cumulative GPA, and graduation year.
- Personal information sheet. The document can be found here.
- Unofficial college transcript, as a pdf file.
- A writing sample from a previous class of 4-6 pages in length (an excerpt from a longer document is acceptable). Writing samples need not be related to international relations. They are an indicator of a students’ writing ability. Candidates, therefore, should provide samples of their best writing.
- Two recommendations from William & Mary faculty or research supervisors assessing your analytical ability, writing skill, maturity, and capacity to conduct independent social science or historical research. Please provide your recommenders with this recommendation form. Recommenders should be able to type directly into the pdf document. Faculty recommendation forms may be submitted via email to email@example.com or, if more convenient, in hard copy to PIPS, Department of Government, Tyler Hall Room 318.
The submission deadline for the 2021 spring semester is Wednesday, January 13, 2021, at 5 p.m. If you have any questions, please contact the PIPS Directors, [[pips, Amy Oakes and Dennis Smith]]. Finalists will be contacted via email to schedule interviews during the first week of classes.