The process of joining a Fraternity or Sorority is a time for freshmen and upperclassmen to investigate the community. Getting involved is a great way to explore the myriad of exciting opportunities that abound in Fraternity & Sorority Life and an awesome way to make new friends.
Here you will find information to help guide you through the William & Mary recruitment process. Read here and throughout the website on what W&M Fraternity & Sorority Life is all about. If you don't recognize a term you encounter check out our Glossary.
If becoming a member of an organization that will not only become a major part of your college years but the rest of your life interests you, check our organizations and join our community!
- Information on Membership Intake
- Information on Panhellenic Sorority Recruitment
- Information on IFC Fraternity Recruitment
For those interested in joining an IFC Fraternity, please register on TribeLink. Note that registering for IFC Recruitment does not commit you to joining any IFC organization for Fall 2023. However, they are each necessary first steps for joining and receiving more information.
For those interested in joining a Panhellenic Sorority, please fill out our Fall 2022 Formal Recruitment Registration Form. You will get an email confirmation after you sign up (don't forget to check your spam folder). Closer to the Fall, will be contacted by a member of the Panhellenic recruitment team with more information. Additionally, check out Panhellenic's social media pages to stay up to date on recruitment information and events.
For those interested in the Membership Intake process for any NPHC organization or the Hermandad de Sigma Iota Alpha, Inc., please refer to the Membership Intake information page.
Questions to ask a Chapter Member:
- Why should I join? What aspects of the chapter encouraged you to join?
- What are the financial obligations of a new member? Are there additional costs that members are required to pay other than the fees listed?
- How long is the new member program and how much time do I need to devote to it?
- What is the percentage of new members that get initiated in your fraternity or sorority?
- What other campus organizations have you had an opportunity to participate in as a result of your fraternal experience?
- How does your chapter promote scholarship?
- In what ways is your chapter involved with philanthropies and community service?
- What types of activities are planned with other Fraternities & Sororities?
- What is the availability of housing and what are the rules pertaining to living in the sorority/fraternity house?
Advice for your decision:
- You must narrow your choices and ultimately decide which group you wish to join. The organization that is best for your friends or family may not be the best one for you.
- Think about why you want to join a Fraternity or Sorority. Are these qualities present in the groups that you are considering?
- Find the organization in which you feel most comfortable. Why do you feel comfortable in that particular group?
- Take a look around you. The men or women that you are standing with could be your brothers or sisters. What qualities do you share with these people? Do you feel comfortable with them?
- Ask questions! Get to know everything you can about each organization.
- Most importantly, be yourself! There are many diverse organizations that want to know you.