Service Requests

The Facilities Management (FM) Department is dedicated to ensuring that all members of the William and Mary community live, work and play in a safe, well maintained environment. 

Hours of Operation and Contact Information

Monday through Friday (7:30 AM - 4:30 P)
Work Control: (757) 221-2270
[[workor, Work Control email]]

Emergency Service

Emergency situations are those that are life threatening or likely to cause severe damage to a College building or facility.

Types of Emergencies
Fire and life threatening Call 911 or (757)221-4596
Building and Security emergencies requiring immediate attention Call (757)221-2270

Other facility related emergencies are handled by the Facilities Management Emergency Call Center, (757) 221-2270.

Submit Routine Maintenance Service Requests

Effective Monday, November 11, 2013, all non-emergency service requests will be submitted using the new Service Request form. After clicking on the link, you will be prompted for your William and Mary userid and password before being allowed to proceed to the Systems Request form.

Questions concerning Work Control, can be addressed via [[workor , email]] or call (757) 221-2270.

Facilities Management Request for Service

Our department is here to resolve issues pertaining to:

  • Plumbing
  • Heating and Cooling, except for personal air conditioners.
  • Grounds Issues (sidewalks, trees, grass, etc.)
  • Issues with locks and card readers in buildings, classrooms and Residence Hall.
  • Non-functioning lights and outlets including bulb replacement.
  • Exterior lighting such as street lights, pathway lights, etc.
  • Residence Hall furniture
  • Moving and Events (Faculty and Staff only.  Banner Index number is required.)
  • Departmental Requests for alteration (Faculty and Staff only.  Banner Index number is required.)
  • Custodial Services

Service Requests can only be submitted by faculty, staff and students possessing a valid William and Mary user id and password.  Users experiencing trouble logging in, should contact [[support, Technology Support]] or (757) 221-4357.

Issues with Door Access

Facilities Management handles requests for door access for campus buildings other than residences.  Residents who are locked out of their rooms should contact Residence Life.


Any request for minor alterations to a facility must be submitted by memo or email to the, [[gshipp, Director of Operations and Maintenance]]. Minor alterations include moving a wall or door and changing or adding electrical circuits or receptacles. All requests will be reviewed to determine if the work requires a building permit. You may be requested to submit a Project Request Form to Facilities Planning, Design and Construction for evaluation, design and approval of the work requested.