The project consists of two parts; (1) renovate the existing 131,000 sf arena and (2) and add a new 36,000 gsf sports center. The arena renovation objectives include the following
– Expand the north entrance towards the parking lot to create a larger, open entrance.
– Provide the capability to reduce the seating capacity to approximately 4,000 with the ability
to expand back to the existing approximately 8,000 seats.
– Create a luxury seating area on the north side of the arena.
– Provide movable student seating and a fixed enhanced student section with a multi-use
student area at the west end of the arena.
– Provide the capability to traverse from the north side seating to the south side seating via
the west end addition.
– Upgrade the scoreboard, audiovisual, experience.
– Add and renovate office spaces and add student study areas and locker room upgrades.
– Convert the existing gymnastics area into a two-story space for locker rooms, offices and
– Upgrade/replace/repair mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems as required.
The new sports center objectives include the following:
– Basketball practice facility
– Sports medicine area
– Offices and meeting rooms
- Project Number: 204-90012
- Cost: $57.6M
- Fund Source: TBD
- Renovation/additional GSF: 131,000/36,000
- Start Date: 9/9/2019
- Construction Date: Estimated Sep 2021
- Finish Date: Estimated Aug 2023
- Project Manager: Michael Terrell
- Design Team: Moseley and HNTB
- Contractor: DPR Construction
Progress: Schematic Design complete, Preliminary Design in-progress