Fine and Performing Arts phase 2 will be the adaptive use of Phi Beta Kappa Hall for Theater, Speech and Dance. Phase 2 will produce a 109,157 gsf facility (77,260 sf new + 31,897 gsf renovation). The project will co-locate the Dance program with the Theater and Speech programs. The program will provide Dance with the quantity, size and type of spaces to gain accreditation which is not achievable in its current location at Adair Hall. Key components will be four classrooms/seminar rooms, a 100 seat student laboratory, a 250 seat studio (black box) theater and a 499 seat renovated main theater.
- Project Number: 204 – 18292
- Cost: $122,142,000
- Fund Source: State
- Renovation/additional GSF: 78,550 sf new + 16,650 GSF renovation
- Start Date: Feb 2017
- Finish Date: estimated Jun 2021
- Project Manager: Catherine Parker
- Design Team: Moseley/HGA
- Contractor: Holder Construction
Request for Proposal:
Contract Awarded: 02/2017
Working Drawings: est 11/2018
Code Review: est 11/2018
Permit Award: est 01/2019
Construction Start: est 01/2019
Construction Completion: est 06/2021
- 9/26/18 Preliminary Design is complete and the final BCOM budget has been approved. Construction of Dillard temporary space has shifted to September, and will be complete in December 2018. Temporary space has been assigned as necessary. Construction of the Music Building will begin early 2019, no swing space required. Schedule is being developed to meet completion date of June of 2021.
- 11/08/18 No update.