Design and construct Phase 1, for the Music Department of the "Arts Quarter”.will consist of 74,951 gsf of new teaching and performance space. Key program elements include four classrooms/seminar rooms, 15 teaching studios, 33 practice rooms, 60 person choral and 45 person instrumental practice rooms, a 125 seat recital hall and a 450 seat recital hall. All space will be uniquely suited to the instructional and acoustic needs of the Music program.
Fine and Performing Arts phase 2 will be the adaptive use of Phi Beta Kappa Hall for Theater, Speech, and Dance. Phase 2 will produce a 109,157 gsf facility (77,260 sf new + 31,897 gsf renovation). The project will colocate the Dance program with the Theater and Speech programs. The program will provide Dance with the quantity, size and type of spaces to gain accreditation which is not achievable in its current location at Adair Hall. Key components will be four classrooms/seminar rooms, a 100 seat student laboratory, a 250 seat studio (black box) theater and a 499 seat renovated main theater.
- Project Number: 204 – 18292
- Cost: $138,850,000 (Includes Budgets for both Fine Arts Project Phases)
- Fund Source: State
- Renovation/additional GSF: 78,550 gsf (Phase I); 16,650 gsf (Phase II)
- Project Start Date: Feb 2017
- Construction Start Date : Jun 2019
- Finish Date: Estimated April 2023
- Project Manager: Catherine Parker
- Design Team: Moseley/HGA
- Contractor: Whiting Turner
- Progress: Construction ongoing