Project consists of a 32,838 sf addition to the historic Bright house and limited renovation of the existing Alumni/Bright House. The addition will be three stories high, concrete foundation, brick veneer on load bearing masonry walls with steel framing, EPDM/slate shingles roof and aluminum windows. Alterations will include a two hour fire wall where the new addition abuts existing Alumni House, one-for-one replacement of the HVAC systems at the Alumni House, windows replacement only in the Bright House as well as plaster repairs associated with the HVAC systems and windows replacement. Exterior site work includes drop-off circle and associated road and parking, plaza, garden, terrace, landscaping and onsite parking.
- Project Number: 204 – 90009
- Cost: $21,428,000
- Fund Source: Private Funds/CWM Aux
- Renovation/additional GSF: 3500
- Start Date: Nov 2015
- Finish Date: estimated Apr 2020
- Project Manager: Adam Witkowski
- Design Team: Glave & Holmes
- Contractor: Kjellstrom & Lee
Request for Proposal:
Contract Awarded: 03/2017
Working Drawings: 05/2018
Code Review: 05/2018
Permit Award: TBD
Construction Start: est 01/2019
Construction Completion: est 04/2020
- 9/26/18 Working drawings are complete with a significant value engineering effort ongoing to close the budget gap ($1M). Construction is expected to start in October and be completed in January of 2020.
Construction is expected to start in January 2019 and be completed in April of 2020.