Service Requests

                              EMERGENCY SERVICES (24 hours/day 7 days a week)

Fire or Life Threatening
W&M Police Department
       (757) 221-4596

Building and Non-Residential
Building Access Emergencies

       (757) 221-2270

Residential Building Access

                                   NON-EMERGENCY SERVICES  (Business Hours)

     W&M Faculty, Staff & Students
        Submit a Service Request

                         W&M Guests
      (757) 221-2270  or [[workor]]

The Pest Control Contractor is available on Tuesdays and Fridays between the hours of 9:00 am - 2:30 pm in the residence halls and 8:00 am - 2:30 pm in all other buildings.  Please call Work Control (757-221-2270), Monday - Friday, 7:30 am - 4:30 pm to schedule an appointement.
Definition of Non-Emergency Service Requests

Non-emergency service requests will not cause severe damage to a university building or facility such as listed below:

  • Pest Control Issues
  • Locks and card reader issues in buildings, classrooms, and Residence Halls
  • Plumbing
  • Heating and Cooling, except for personal air conditioners.
  • Electrical Issues:
    • Non-functioning lights and outlets including bulb replacement
    • Exterior lighting such as street lights, pathway lights, etc.
  • Grounds Issues (sidewalks, trees, grass, etc.)
  • Custodial Services
  • Moving and Events (Faculty and Staff only.  Banner Index number is required.)
  • Departmental Requests for minor alteration or minor construction (Faculty and Staff only.  Banner Index number is required.)